Privacy & Cookies Policy.
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Golf Car UK the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Introduction and General Terms
Golf Car UK is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Golf Car UK’s services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- any Golf Car UK website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Golf Car UK content on other websites;
- mobile device.
- what information Golf Car UK may collect about you;
- how Golf Car UK will use information we collect about you;
- when Golf Car UK may use your details to contact you;
- whether Golf Car UK will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Definitions And Interpretation.
In this Privacy and Cookies policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Golf Car UK website;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Golf Car UK website;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Golf Car UK when you visit certain parts of the Golf Car UK website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store saved shopping carts. Further details are contained in Clause 14;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Golf Car UK website. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Golf Car UK makes available through the Golf Car UK website either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Golf Car UK makes available through the Golf Car UK website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Golf Car UK website and is not employed by Golf Car UK and acting in the course of their employment;
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using (https://golfcaruk.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
3. What information will Golf Car UK collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Golf Car UK’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text Golf Car UK or create an account using Golf Car UK’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone, mobile number or other identifiable data. Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re applying for a job with Golf Car UK). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it, store it and remove it. Golf Car UK collects information about how you use Golf Car UK websites or other Golf Car UK content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, please see section 15 of this policy, on Golf Car UK’s use of
4. How will Golf Car UK use the information it collects about me?
Golf Car UK will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. If you are subscribed to email newsletters, you may receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters;
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see our Terms & Conditions;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Golf Car UK. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, where this helps us ensure we are making something for everyone.
- We will store all personal data, submitted in any form to Golf Car UK, securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
5. Your Golf Car UK Account.
If you have registered for a Golf Car UK account this will also allow you to login to Golf Car UK website. We will only process your data in order to provide the service you are using – we will never share any of the data we hold about you. You might be asked to use your Golf Car UK Account to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy Golf Car UK services. Your Golf Car UK account will always be covered by the policies of this website. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if this policy is updated
6. When will Golf Car UK contact me?
Golf Car UK may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content have signed up for, in order to ensure that Golf Car UK can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a GOLF CAR UK account, to help you reset your password or to send you a newsletter;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Golf Car UK products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Golf Car UK, e.g. via online contact form or voicemail message;
- to update you on any material changes to Golf Car UK’s policies and practices.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Golf Car UK will only send you newsletter, marketing emails or contact you on Golf Car UK platforms where you have agreed to this. We offer regular emails and newsletters, to let you know about Golf Car UK products and services. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Golf Car UK platforms.
8. Will Golf Car UK share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Golf Car UK except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section and section 6. Generally, we will use your information within Golf Car UK and will only share it outside Golf Car UK where you have requested it or given your consent (e.g. with affiliated finance companies when leasing new vehicles). If Golf Car UK uses a third party to process your information on our behalf, Golf Car UK requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Golf Car UK requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way. We may share your personal data internally for example, if you contact us to arrange maintenance or repairs to your vehicles we will provide our engineers with means to contact you.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on Golf Car UK websites.
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to Golf Car UK websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Golf Car UK service, Golf Car UK may remove such content. Where Golf Car UK reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, Golf Car UK may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. Golf Car UK would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection law.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Golf Car UK.
11. How long will Golf Car UK keep my information?
- “Consent” an individual is required to give their consent for Golf Car UK to process and store their personal data. Exceptions include where the processing of personal data is necessary:
- In relation to a contract which the individual has entered into
- Because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract
- Because of a legal obligation that applies to the data controller
- To protect the individual’s vital interests (this only applies in cases of life or death)
- For administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, or other public functions
- The processing is in accordance with the ‘legitimate interests’ condition
- “Withdrawing Conset” you can withdraw consent for Golf Car UK to process and store your personal data at any time. Unless there is a legal/contractual requirement for your personal data to be processed or stored.
- “Right to be Informed” you have the right to ask why your personal information is needed by Golf Car UK, on what basis and how it will be stored.
- “Right to Data Portability” allows you to request at any point that Golf Car UK transfers your personal data to another party.
12. Can I delete my data?
You can withdraw consent for Golf Car UK to process and store your data as detailed in Section 10. Additionally you can always delete your Golf Car UK account. Deleting your Golf Car UK account will erase any personal information in your account that was submitted while creating that account and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Golf Car UK websites will be made anonymous. Deleting your Golf Car UK account will not delete the data you shared with Golf Car UK for reasons that are not connected with your Golf Car UK account. For example, if you apply for Golf Car UK products, services or newsletters we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and send you future updates (if you have asked to be kept updated).
13. Can I find out what personal information Golf Car UK holds about me?
Under data protection laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Golf Car UK holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, Golf Car UK, The Boscombe Centre, Mills Way, Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7SD (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
14. What if I am accessing Golf Car UK websites outside the UK?
Golf Car UK website is published in the UK by Golf Car UK as golfcaruk.com. All personal information submitted by users outside the UK will be processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy (and any local terms that apply to certain areas of the site). Where there is a conflict, the local terms will apply.
15. Web browser cookies.
- c) Third party cookies in embedded content on Golf Car UK pages
- d) Rejecting cookies while using Golf Car UK websites
- e) Other information collected from web browsers
16. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting.
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
When you download or use Golf Car UK apps on your mobile device information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested. Your web browser or device may also provide Golf Car UK with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running). When you sign in to a Golf Car UK app, your sign-in details may be stored securely on the device you are using, so you can access Golf Car UK apps on the same device without needing to enter your sign-in details again. If you have any concerns about the information which might be accessed from or stored on your device by Golf Car UK, you may wish to only access Golf Car UK content through a web browser and review your web browser settings.
18. Changes to Golf Car UK’s Privacy and Cookies Policy.
19. Customers right to complain.
20. Contacting Golf Car UK about this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact: The Data Protection Officer Golf Car UK Unit 7, The Boscombe Centre Mills Way, Amesbury, SP4 7SD (Email: email@example.com)